Does September seem like the beginning of the year to you too? I must admit that January 1st always seems oddly placed in the middle of winter when everything is moving along already.
So here we are beginning again. I’m jumping right in.
1. This is the school part, writing this blog on my phone. Whoo. The World Curling Tour has started and we’re away most weekend watching the new Team Kaitlyn Jones, our daughter’s team. Knitting at the curling rink has begun in earnest. I will knit many more garments behind the glass again this year.
2. CabinFever is a vendor next Saturday at the KW Knitters Fair in Kitchener, On. Drop in and say hi if you’re there.
3. I’m working on new classes: Felted bags at Twist Yarn in Midland will be scheduled soon.
The Striped Cowls and Hats class at the Ramara Community Centre starts on September 18.
4. The Drop In on Thursday afternoons at Twist Yarn starts this week. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone.
5. Plans are coming together for our Cabin Fever Retreat October 25-27 at the Fern Resort. Still a couple of spots open. Shawls are the topic so I’m working on playing with more triangle shawls. Can’t seem to stop. This one has lots of opportunities for different textures. It gets changed up regularly, no boredom allowed.
4. Yarn Over Sleep Over retreat classes are under discussion. We are thinking of doing something new, a repair/upcycle open studio at the April retreat. More on this idea later.
Yup, busy. Is this called hitting the ground running?
Thanks for reading,
New CabinFever.ca website is now hooked up with Shelridge Yarns.
Any Gauge patterns by Deb